Customized Selection Lists
New and forthcoming title information through customized profiling. Learn more
Opening Day Collection Services
Professional guidance from proposal stage through delivery. Customized profiling for all your collection development needs, including selection lists, budgets, and schedules.
Experienced librarian selection services for all or part of your collection. Customized profiling to understand your community, collection, and practices. Multiple service options, including order review and budget management.
On-demand customized selection lists designed to strengthen an existing collection or build a new one.
Bibz Online Selection Lists
• ALA - All awards given by ALA and its divisions
• State Awards -State awards and reading lists
• More Awards -Literary awards bestowed by bodies other than ALA
Common Core State Standards
• Recommended Titles by Grade Range - Highly recommended titles for all ages, which meet the standards of quality, rigor, and text complexity.
• Critical Content Recommendations - Titles covering both English Language Arts and Mathematics subject content.
• Professional Titles – Chosen to assist teachers in developing lesson plans across all content areas and librarians in planning story times and other programming.
• Common Core Appendix B Exemplars - A range of high-quality, complex titles to support curriculum.
• Blockbusters - The most recent six months of high-demand, must-have titles.
• Hot Topics - Based on up-to-the-moment, newsworthy subjects.
• Picks for Public Libraries - The most recent six months of practical adult nonfiction.
• Publisher Lists - Lists supplied by our publisher partners for print and audio materials.
• Summer Reading - Age level lists based on national reading program themes.
Lists for all ages selected, annotated, and age-rated by our graphic novels expert, Kat Kan.
• Monthly lists by audience
• Forthcoming English- and Spanish-language titles
• Hardcover, paperback and audiobook formats
• All contain nonfiction, fiction, graphic novels, Christian Fiction and Playaway
• Additional categories by audience
Children-Board Books and nonfiction series
Teen-Urban fiction and nonfiction series
Adult-Urban fiction, large type, travel books, and test prep
Opening the Book
Themed title selection lists support Opening the Book's reader-centered philosophy. Lists feature titles with strong cover designs, mixing popular and less familiar authors with different genres and formats.
Public Library Collection Builders
• Lists by audience, collection categories, genres, Dewey “century”, biographies, and special topics
• Forthcoming, current, and backlist titles
• Nonfiction and fiction in hardcover, paperback, and audiobook formats
School Library Collection Builders
• Lists of fundamental titles selected for Grades K-8 and Grades 9-12
• Collection areas from concept books through fiction
• Dewey 000 hundreds through collective biography
• Based on For Youth Interests (FYI)
• Book Fairs – Rotating lists of the best adult and juvenile titles from Guadalajara, LIBER and other fairs.
• DVD - Quarterly and special lists of popular DVDs from Mexico.
• Children/Teen - Recommended titles, book-in-hand review of language, content, and physical format.
• Adult - The most recent six months of Blockbuster titles and other popular fiction and nonfiction titles.